Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Streaming Issues
Options
Caesar  
Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:14:35 AM(UTC)

Hi All

I'm using a Sony Ipela SNC-RZ25P Camera streaming via a local machine running vista ultimate.

I'm using and ADSL max broadband line at the site.

When viewing the stream over the internet, it is slow and sometimes after about a minute will just freeze completely.

I started using version 3.72 as a trial then i purchased the software and upgraded to version 4.11, i have now upgraded to version 4.13 to see if this helps but it hasn't

Anybody got any ideas as i really need to get this working.

Many Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:03:59 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Caesar:

To view a stream, you'll need to have sufficient bandwidth at both ends of the connection. That is, both the system running WebCam Monitor and the system that is viewing the stream need fast enough connections.

If you're seeing slow streaming, with freezes, I would suggest you try lowering the bandwidth setting in WebCam Monitor. Open the Tools menu, and click Options. Switch to the Remote Monitoring tab, and click the Configure button for Streaming. There is a drop-down list of Profiles for live streaming. Select Video for dial-up modems (the lowest-bandwidth setting). If this solves your problem, you can experiment with higher-bandwidth profiles until you find a stable Profile that gives you consistent performance.

Please be sure that you are using the latest Windows Media Player at both ends of the connection. You can download the current version of Windows Media Player from Microsoft.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.