Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Clicking on AVI files freezes Explorer
Options
visage  
Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 11:43:57 AM(UTC)

and got a reply from tech support, when I thought this was a users forum, with other users, putting in their knowledge to help solve probs.
so I sent back this following reply.. I hope they can help, but if anyone else has had same prob, then please let me know. PROB as follows]]]]]]

thanks for reply.. but it's not as you think. Let me re-explain.
I shoot a VT or download a Vt in avi format.
When I play it back ( pre edit) it plays no problem.
AFTER i edit it, and make movie as AVI, as it launches itself automatically into play mode for the first time ( after make movie), it still plays ok, but only in that instance.
BUT, after that, any time I even just right click or left click on the newly edited file, the whole of Int exp closes down, and freezes.
If however I save edited file as MPG, that plays back ok after.
This problem has only occured in the recent past.
any ideas?
Peter
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:21:53 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
It seems likely that the problem is the Windows Explorer Preview feature.

It is possible to configure the Explorer to preview a video when you click on it, but unfortunately this feature is not completely reliable and sometimes, as you've mentioned, it crashes the program.

To see if this is the problem, you can turn off the preview feature by clicking the Start menu, clicking Run, and typing "cmd[Enter]". In the command window, type:

regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

If this stops the crash-on-click problem, then it was the bug in the Preview that was causing the problem. If you want to turn Preview back on, just open a command window as above, and type:

regsvr32 shmedia.dll

These commands won't affect preview for images, only for video.
visage  
Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:32:16 AM(UTC)

Tried that and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks for that.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.