Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
2 Pages12>
Future of Video Edit Magic
Options
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, May 10, 2004 10:20:21 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
DeskShare has been working on high-quality, easy to use and reliable video editing software. Video Edit Magic is continuously evolving based on your comments and suggestions for improvements we receive by e-mail everyday.

We thought that this topic can best be discussed in the forums. What are the most important features you want to see in this product in future releases?

Movmaker  
Posted : Monday, August 2, 2004 6:16:09 PM(UTC)

I would really like to see a pan and zoom function for still images. The "Ken Burns effect" as it is known is a must have these days.
hsugawar  
Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2004 1:42:40 PM(UTC)

VEM always starts up in full screen mode with media, time line, and preview "subwindows." This, especially, having to resize every sub-window when changing to non-full screen mode, is a big pain for me because I usually want to keep other applications windows including VEM help visible. Partially hidden time line window often confuses me.
- VEM should remember the last screen mode and size
- Subwindows, including history/redo window, should be changed or be changeable to resizable panes

- Hiro
hsugawar  
Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2004 1:51:07 PM(UTC)

Though it is somewhat understandable to make time representation independent from particular frame rates, this is in practice very inconvenient for me, because I work only on NTSC 30fps files and because most, if not all, other tools I use with VEM use frame counts. It should be at least switch-able between ms (milliseconds) and f (frames).

hiro
hsugawar  
Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2004 2:56:45 PM(UTC)

Features needed in the Text Effect:

- Anti-aliasing for smoothness
- Left/center/right alignment
- Better shading
- Per-character font/size/color/effect specification
- Simple text animation--lot simpler than what others offer but essencial for titling
- - - Vertical scrolling of text longer than screen size (for credits, casting, etc.)
- - - Falling in/out (fast vertical scrolling with still starting/ending point) and horizontal counterparts
- Simple rectangle drawing for text background
- Text-safe zone display

Well, I checked a few video text editors/effectors, but they are mostly for Macromedia-type very aggressive/busy/annoying effects and not good for my simple movie titling requirements. This could be a separate product for which I would pay reasonable money.

hiro
hsugawar  
Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2004 3:03:26 PM(UTC)

It would be very useful to have two timeline displays:
- One for zoomed timeline for precise editing and
- Another for showing the entire movie with current zoomed range highlighted for quickly jumping to next editing location.

hiro
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2004 10:07:22 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Panes are used instead of subwindows because every pane can then be resized individually. This is important when you are editing videos with larger dimension and would like to view them in their original dimension.

In the newer versions of VEM, the last screen mode of the main window is remembered. The next time you start VEM, it loads with the last screen mode.
You can automatically arrange the sub-windows after resizing the application.
To do so, on the Windows menu, click Arrange all.
stryder57  
Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2004 1:41:10 PM(UTC)

I would really like to see filters add to the video editing.

Static Noise Removal
Dynamic Noise Remove
Deinterlace
Color correction filter (correct purple color from old tapes and loss of tracking from old tapes)
koen  
Posted : Monday, August 30, 2004 8:05:38 AM(UTC)

- More sound track editing features (ie fade in/out, equalizer, amplify, ...)

- Ability to apply more than 1 effect, or to overlap effects, for the same video track, or a segment of it (ie some option that would allow you to add more effect tracks for a certain video track).
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, August 30, 2004 11:51:34 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Video Edit Magic's volume tracks is a very flexible method to change the volume of an audio track by using volume points in different segments of the timeline.

You can use the volume tracks to create audio crossfades and other audio effects. In addition, you can also use the volume tracks to increase the volume of the audio track up to 400% of the originally authored volume (or decrease it to 0%).

Visiting the following URL to know more about audio effects:
https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/vem_UsefulAudioEffects_withVolumeGraphs.aspx

We will implement the other two requests - equalizer and multiple effects in one of the future releases of Video Edit Magic.
Kari  
Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2004 11:03:40 PM(UTC)

Automatic scene splitter would be nice.

Like I open one video file containing different takes varying angles and zoom and so on. And VEM splits this based on changes on video like angle or some other change in video, sensitivity should be adjustable, and puts those scene clips in the library or timeline.
FT  
Posted : Monday, November 1, 2004 6:25:05 PM(UTC)

Hi,

A side project of mine has been to recently build a decent media PC for conversion of analog and digital tapes to DVD. I've been searching for a home editing solution (less than $500) and found VEM as a pleasant surprise, having looked at other low cost solutions and being an owner of some older version Pinnacle Studio products. I also come from the NLE manufacturing background on the professional side, having been involved in linear and non-linear editing for many years.

VME's ability to resize and place windows anywhere on the screen and it's more professional looking GUI is essentially what attracted me, however now I am wondering why some basic higher-end NLE features I have found useful have not been implemented in the current version.

Some simple things:

Double-click in a clip in the clip bin to play.
Double-click on any clip in the timeline to play that clip
Spacebar Play/Pause
Right mouse click to drag/highlight a section of the timeline for playback
Resizing of clip icons in the clip bin (display issue)
Dual Trim Windows
Multiple Timelines (wishlist)

And here's one that would really make my day: Automatically create a Dissolve by simply offsetting clips on the timeline. The could be a menu selctable option and it is a real time saver, especially for creating quick and dirty storyboards to get a feel for the pacing of a segment.

I'm about to d/oad the full version. Love to see some professional level features added.

Thanks for listening.

FT
Philip Lynn  
Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2004 11:46:58 AM(UTC)

I would like to see support for multiple monitors.
The help screen can be moved over to the second monitor but that's all

DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2005 4:38:50 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

You can edit and do other things in VEM frame-wise as well. To edit a particular frame, you can pause the Video in the Preview player. To move on to the next frame, click the Next Frame button in the preview player. You can move to the previous frame by clicking the previous frame button. The slider shows the corresponding time on the timeline. You can also zoom-in to get a more accurate frame editing.
Ray Musicbear  
Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2005 7:53:13 PM(UTC)

I would like to see video framing/cropping for .avi moves.

By video framing, I mean, cropping the image, as you
can do with jpeg/gif types of photo editing software.
JF  
Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2005 11:53:08 AM(UTC)

Believe me, I've been around Video Editing for some time and I've seen and gave up on many programs, but VEM is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

However, there is a feature that would be important to me: sometimes there are times that I'd appreciate having more sources playing at the same time. For example, in the audio track you might want a soundtrack, and on top of that you would like to hear sound effects from the footage. These sound effects from the footage might require extra tweaking; therefore you would require having 3 (or more) audio tracks in the timeline(Audio 1, Audio 2 and Audio 3, respectively, or more).
I know that you could first of all spread the footage sound effects on the two audio tracks in the timeline, along with your video, then compile it, and then go into it again and add the soundtrack in audio track #2, but these are extra complications.
It would be nice, in the Timeline menu on the left of the screen, if there was a button permitting you to "add one more" audio or video track. Then, at specific places in the timeline, you could control which sources are active yourself by using the audio volume bars(ah-ha! there we go!).

Added support for additional video tracks would be equally appreciable.
Thanks for asking us about all of this!
meenu73  
Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:47:00 AM(UTC)

It would be a great help if VEM had Multiple Effects, ie one should be able to combine atleast 3 effects for the same part of the Video. Alternatively, VEM can have 3 Effects tracks. So that many Effects can be combined to produce an impressive video. Also it would be great if you could add Effects like, Explosion, 3-D Text, etc. It would also be quite useful if you could add a separate track ( one each for Video and Audio ) or place to store bits of Video / Audio, so that if we add / insert Video or Audio in it, it would not affect the other tracks. We can use it for copying and pasting bits of Movies.
digicult  
Posted : Friday, February 10, 2006 9:12:06 AM(UTC)

I would like to see:
-Anti-aliased text in the titles
-Fade-in/Fade-out option for titles
-When dragging and dropping a transition onto the timeline, the transition should automatically "snap" to the ends of the two video tracks that it is dropped between. Currently it is quite difficult to position the transition so it starts and ends at the correct time.
-More timeline snapping functionality like the above, but also for selection sliders and markers.
patb  
Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2006 12:15:16 PM(UTC)

how about importing and exporting .3gp files?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, August 25, 2006 5:22:07 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

In the latest version of Video Edit Magic, you can now import .3gp files.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
2 Pages12>

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.