Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
SMS alert when email is sent
Options
vincentb  
Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2008 12:39:34 PM(UTC)

In Australia, none of the ISPs provide an SMS alert notification when emails are received. Some did but now don't. I've set up the motion detection to send the email but can't find a way (in Australia) to then get an SMS alert. Does anyone know a way I can do this?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2008 8:19:38 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
There are several services which will send SMS notifications when you receive email. You can find them by entering "SMS Australia" into Google or another search engine.
marcogreef  
Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:16:05 AM(UTC)

Is that the only way to do it, I mean, the software does not have that option in it to send SMS automatically. I live in Spain.

Cheers
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:02:55 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
WebCam Monitor can send email when an alert is triggered. Most mobile phone companies offer an email-to-SMS service. You can send email to a specific address and have it delivered to your phone as a text message. For instance, the Spanish phone company Movistar uses ####@correo.movistar.net. Substitute your mobile number for "####" and your WebCam Monitor alerts will be delivered to your Movistar phone. There is no charge for this service beyond the normal cost of receiving a text message.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.