Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VOB to DV AVI lost frames
Options
gman  
Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:21:40 PM(UTC)

Hi there,

I'm converting some VOB files to DV AVI type 2 PAL format. I get missing frames (4-5 continuous black frames) here and there with audio distortion as well. Before the first conversion I was asked to download the MPEG-2 codec which I did and then restarted Digital Media Converter.

Is there something I can do to fix this ?

Thanks

gman
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 7:31:46 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I would suggest converting one of your VOB files to a different format, such as Windows Media Video (WMV).

If the problem does recur in the WMV, we would know that the problem is happening during the decoding of the VOB file. In that case, the first thing to try is to reinstall the MPEG 2 decoder. You may also need to disable other MPEG decoders. You can do this by opening the Tools menu and choosing Settings, the switching to the Compatibility tab. Uncheck all MPEG decoders. The GPL MPEG Decoder does not appear in this list. This is normal. The GPL decoder can't be disabled.

If the problem does not occur in the WMV file, then we know the error is happening during the encoding of the DV AVI file. If the WMV file is correct, you may be able to fix the DV AVI issue by upgrading DirectX on your computer. You can download the latest version of DirectX free of charge from Microsoft here:

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Unless you have a specific reason to use DV AVI, you may want to try using another high-quality video format such as MJPEG-encoded AVI, which gives you more control over the video resolution and audio quality.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.