Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
A few technical questions
Options
GSG9  
Posted : Friday, June 11, 2004 3:13:29 PM(UTC)

I came across Auto Ftp Manager while looking for a solution to automating the backup of certain key files on our UNIX server through our Windows server and then onto a tape backup. I have explored the program and it seems to fit the bill. However, I had a few technical questions:

1) Will the program work on a server with a Xeon processor running small Business Server 2000?
2) Will the software be able to determine which file type to use? (ASCII etc)
3) Will the Synchronize tool reliably keep a mirror copy of the working directories on UNIX (including deleting all removed files on UNIX from the windows backup directory)
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, June 14, 2004 10:43:03 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
1) We have tested Auto FTP Manager on Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading, which simulates a dual processor. Therefore, Auto FTP Manager should not have a problem running on a Xeon processor.
2) You may use the Association List in order to specify the file type to use for a particular extension. Auto FTP Manager already specifies some default settings that should be sufficient.
3) This is possible if you correctly set the Action Rules (default settings should work). Synchronization will delete the remote file if a corresponding local file is not present and vice-versa.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.