Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Working With Dynamic IP Addresses
Options
zia  
Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:47:40 AM(UTC)

Hi. My camera has a dynamic IP address, so I use a DDNS. But when I put the camera hostname in the IP address area, it doesn't work: "Unable to resolve. Please enter a valid IP address." So what I can do?

Thank you.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:46:37 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
This problem occurred in an old version of WebCam Monitor. Please upgrade to the current version. You can download the latest version of WebCam Monitor here:
https://www.deskshare.com/download_details.aspx?ID=12
Najordan  
Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:29:07 AM(UTC)

Can anyone tell me, what is the meaning of Dynamic IP address..?

thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:42:25 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Every device--PCs, routers, IP cameras, and printers--on a network has an IP address, a unique number that is used to connect to that particular system. A dynamic IP address is one that is not guaranteed to remain the same.

Many Internet Service Providers assign you a dynamic address. If you are broadcasting video from WebCam Monitor, a viewer can connect to you by typing your IP address, for instance "mms:///123.123.123.123". If your provider changes the address, the connection will not work.

There are several services, such as no-ip.org, that offer a solution to this problem. You can register for a free account, and they will assign your PC a name. The name will always allow someone to connect to your PC, even if its IP address changes.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.