Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Combining several VOB files into one movie?
Options
Reneeineastbay  
Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:41:12 PM(UTC)

Hello,

I just purchased Digital Media Converter and I am very new to this process. I have 5 VOB files that I need to convert to WMV files. I figured out how to do that, but is there any way to make them all into one long WMV file? Essentially, they are five sections of the same DVD.

Also, I have several BUP and IFO files that I was told are the chapter information for this DVD. Does anyone know what to do with those?

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- I really know nothing about media files, but just want to convert my files so I can watch this DVD on a WMV player.

Thanks!
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:14:22 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
If you would like to combine 5 VOB files into one long WMV file, I would suggest using Auto Movie Creator. This video editor can import VOB files and combine them into a new movie in WMV format with only a few clicks, using a simple wizard-like interface.

Regarding your second question, BUP and IFO files are only useful as part of a DVD. They are not needed to watch the video on a portable player. WMV files do not have chapters, so there is no way to use this information.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.