Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Resuming of incomplete downloads on next connection
Options
iholloway  
Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:38:22 AM(UTC)

As a new user of FTP Manager I was attracted by the simple ability to schedule, transfer and delete files from my FTP site. The files that I am transferring vary between 500M and 25G. I don't see any way to resume partially downloaded files which stopped. The "Overwrite" options result in the loss of large amounts of already localized data. My bandwidth is limited so this can mean hours of lost time.

Unless I'm missing something (?) I would like to know if you have plans to support the ability to roll back x bytes of a broken download file and resume the transfer through to completion. Thereby minimizing already partially transferred files.

Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:05:48 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The current version of Auto FTP Manager does not have the ability to resume downloads in an automated transfer. You can resume the download manually in the Quick Connect File Manager.

Thank you for the suggestion. The ability to resume downloads during automated transfers will be added to version 5. Your suggestion is very valuable to us, as we work to make Auto FTP Manager more useful.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.