Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Video compression for AVI movies
Options
bruce-pfohl  
Posted : Friday, September 10, 2004 10:31:28 AM(UTC)

There are a number of video compressors to choose from. I am especially interested in knowing which compression formats are most likely to be readable by friends to whom I e-mail AVI files.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, September 10, 2004 11:19:53 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The best format, if you want to distribute by e-mail is WMV.

For Making Movie in AVI format, Video Edit Magic provides the Auto Select option on the basis of Average Frame Rate and Highest Frame rate. Choose Microsoft Video 1 if you want to distribute your videos to a wide audience and Microsoft MPEG 4 if you want high quality compressions.

For more information on compression in AVI, please refer to our article on the following link:
https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/Compression_AVI.aspx
Jimmu  
Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2004 2:18:34 PM(UTC)

Has anyone ever successfully used video compressor Indeo video 5.2 for WinXP? After I installed it, it appeared in Video Edit Magic's drop down list but then when I selected it, I got the message:

"The selected video and/or audio compressor cannot be used.
Please select another compressor and try again."

Any suggestions about where to look?

Jim

DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2004 12:30:17 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Indeo no longer comes standard with recent releases of Windows XP.

First, we would suggest you to use a different video codec like Microsoft Video 1, if you intend to distribute to a wide audience since it has good compatibility. If you want high quality compressions, then choose Microsoft MPEG 4

Check the compatibility of the audio compressors as well. From the Audio compressor box, select Uncompressed and try making the movie. If you are able to make the movie then the problem is with the selected audio compressor. Microsoft ADPCM, PCM and MPEG Layer-3 are all good audio compressors.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.