Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Setting up Security Monitor Pro 4.1 to broadcast my USB cameras video over the internet
Options
viejoken  
Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:02:42 PM(UTC)

I am using Security Monitor Pro 4.1 on my computer in Mexico, and I live in Phoenix. In Mexico, I connect to the internet thru a DSL 2wire Gateway modem model 2701HG-T supplied by Prodigy Infinitum.

I believe I have my Security Monitor setup properly. I downloaded PFconfig port forwarding and setup the Gateway 2wire to use port 4569 then I setup Security Monitor Pro in the Live broadcast settings to concurrent viewers (2) and port 4569. I can't, however, view the camera images in Phoenix at mms://modem IP:4569. I need help.

Ken
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:45:29 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
While it may look complicated, configuring Security Monitor Pro to broadcast your video on the internet is very simple. Make sure you have mapped port 4569 in your router to the IP address of the PC running Security Monitor Pro. Next, add port 4569 to the Windows Firewall on your PC as an exception. Finally make sure you have clicked Actions >> Start Broadcasting in Security Monitor Pro. You should now be able to view your video over the internet.

We have an article that explains the steps in more detail with images. You can view the article here.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.