Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Changing Key Color in transparency transition
Options
Movmaker  
Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2004 11:34:34 PM(UTC)

The Transparency transition seems to work with black or white and it leaves a lot of remnants so overlays wouldn't really look very good.

I was hoping to superimpose a video with a green background over another video to get an effect similar to the weather man standing against a map.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, September 24, 2004 10:27:26 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
First, make sure that you place the Chroma Key Color transition in between the overlapping sections of two videos.

After adding the Chroma Key Color transition, right click on it and click Transition Settings (you may also double click on the transition). Select the color that you want to make transparent. Video Edit Magic can render any primary or custom color as transparent. To select a color from the video, you can drag the mouse over the video's image and click to select the correct RGB composition. Click 'OK' to apply the changes.

The Chroma Key Color transition renders a color transparent that exactly matches the selected color's RGB composition. If the video you want to superimpose contains a lot of variations to the specified color, they will appear as remnants. You may try using "Non Red Key" and the "Invert" operation to minimize or eliminate the remnants.

Refer to the article "Applying Transitions Correctly" in Video Edit Magic's Help file for details.
You can also view this article online at:
https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/vem_applying_transitions.aspx
Movmaker  
Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2004 1:18:00 AM(UTC)

Thanks I'll give this a try. I did have great success with Non red key. It does exactly what i needed. I had a mountain picture and was able to make sky trasparent and inserted video of my fish tank. Came out great. With a blue table cloth I'm hoping to try the "weatherman effect" next.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.