Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Saving time lapse images and also uploading by FTP
Options
WebcamWey  
Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:19:49 AM(UTC)

Hello

I'm using Webcam Monitor together with my webcam to produce time lapse videos. For this, I am saving a local drive image every 10 seconds, with timestamped file names.

However, I'd also like to be able to FTP an image, once per minute, to my website, for viewing elsewhere. In order to do this, I need to use the overwrite image function.

Is it possible to save local images independently of uploading images, such that the files generated can have different file names and be generated at different time intervals?

Many thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 11:22:48 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Yes, WebCam Monitor can both save your time lapse images to a local drive every 10 seconds and upload by FTP every minute.

To configure the image capture, click Tools >> Options >> Monitoring. Under 'Run Alerts' select 'After Every' and set it to 10 seconds. Select 'Take Photo' and click on the configure button. Set the folder to save to along with the filename options you want.

To configure FTP uploads, click Tools >> Options >> Remote Monitoring. Click the configure button under 'Upload'. Enter your FTP settings. Select to upload Photos and select 'Overwrite Photo Files with the name' and enter the name. Under 'Upload Behavior' select 'Enable Automatic Upload' and set the time to 'After Every' 1 minute.

Search this forum if you would like some sample code to view the uploaded image with automatic refreshes.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.