Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Best format for Web Publishing
Options
jdsinclair  
Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2004 8:46:31 PM(UTC)

I have recently had some old home movies digitized in Quicktime format. I used Digital Media Converter to convert these files so I can edit them and then post them on a web site. I am confused by all of the formats available. Which is best for this purpose?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 10:19:43 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Windows Media Formats (WMV and WMA) is the best format for posting on web sites. Digital Media Converter supports profile based conversions to WMV or WMA. The best practice here is to create individual videos at different bit rates to cater to a range of internet viewers.

You will find our article about streaming video formats useful. To read, visit:
https://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/vc_StreamingMediaFormats.aspx
laura  
Posted : Monday, October 10, 2005 1:00:39 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I think that the wmv format is the best for web publishing for people using Windows. However, a lot of people who have a Mac asked me to see the videos in a QuickTime MOV format.

I converted my videos in a MOV format (with Soreson Video 3 compressor) and my videos are HUGE now.

I want to reduce the size of the QuickTime MOV videos so they can be published on the web.

Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:50:35 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Two things that significantly affect the size of the video are:

1. Video and audio compressor
2. Dimension (Width and Height) of the video

For web publishing, we recommend you to use the MPEG 4 Video compressor when you convert to QuickTime MOV. Furthermore, you can reduce the video dimension to produce smaller video files. A good dimension to choose for web publishing is 320 x 240 pixels.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.