Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Compressors listed under the compatibility tab
Options
giogio  
Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2005 12:59:39 AM(UTC)

I am looking forward to effectively use this program that at first use seems very promising for its easy to use, visibility of installed decoder and forum.

I am trying to convert AVI to Mpeg4, Morgan M-JPEG2000, MICROSOFT VIDEO 1 or DivX (you consider some of these excellent)

If I go on Setting-]compatibility I see some Mpeg4 decoders and the Morgan MJPEG2000 VFW within a long list of decoders.

I see several decompressor but on the Convert to Format I see only Mpeg 1,2, some WMxx and few others but I don't see Mpeg4 nor MJPEG2000 although the latter is correctly installed.

Thank You in advance for your help.
Kindest Regards
Giovanni

DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2005 12:25:39 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Microsoft MPEG-4 Video codec, Morgan M-JPEG2000, Microsoft Video 1 and DivX are all AVI video compressors and not formats. The list displayed under 'Convert To' are the available 'formats' to which Digital Media Converter can convert into.

Not to be miss-understood, MPEG-4 is also a format. But Microsoft MPEG-4 video codecs are different. They use the MPEG-4 standard to compress AVI files. The files themselves are not MPEG-4 format, but AVI format.

The compatibility tab lists all types of compressors, decompressors, decoders and encoders (collectively referred to as Filters) installed on your computer. Digital Media Converter may not use many of these filters. The compatibility is used to disable conflicting filters only in Digital Media Converter.

To use one of the mentioned AVI video compressors:
1. On the Tools menu, click Settings.
2. Under the General Settings tab, from the "Convert to Format" box, select AVI.
3. Click the Properties tab.
4. From the Video Compressor box, select the compressor you want.
5. Click OK.

This will output to AVI format and compress the AVI file using the selected video compressor.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.