Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
DVD files play on computer but not in DVD player
Options
jd300  
Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:55:28 PM(UTC)

I have converted different files to the DVD format but none will play in my table top dvd players. The files will play on my computer only. I have tried different players but the table top players do not recognize the disk. I have used dvd +r and dvd+rw with no success.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:14:06 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
To create a video file to play on a DVD player, you must make a "Video" DVD and not a "Data" DVD. If you are trying to burn the converted files directly to the DVD then probably you are making a "Data" DVD.

DVD burning software, like Nero Vision, contain specific type of DVD project that you can use to create "Video" DVD. Look for a similar setting on your burning software.

You can also convert your video files to DV-AVI files and then use any burning software to burn the videos to DVD-R.
silva  
Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:13:43 PM(UTC)

most movie files will not fit on cd
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:50:21 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
A DVD burning software will subject the DVD format file (MPEG 2) produced by Digital Media Converter to a compression process before actually writing the file to the DVD.

A DVD format file will fit in the DVD disk if:
1. The DVD format file is in standard MPEG 2 NTSC or PAL
2. The duration (not the size) of the DVD format file is less than that the DVD disk can hold

Note:
When burning to a DVD disk, make sure that you select "DVD video" and not data DVD. DVD videos are the underlying read format for a DVD player.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.