Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Only audio when viewing live video
Options
rahamp  
Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:42:36 PM(UTC)

Hello there again. Thanks to this forum, I've almost got my testing done. I really like this program!

I have setup streaming and tried many different combinations of streams and profiles. I cannot see the video streamed when I try to see using a remote browser. I get a black screen in Windows Media Player with the audio transmitting.

TIA,
Patrick

System hosting WebCam Monitor 3.5
XP Pro SP1
AMD XP 3200+, 512 MB RAM, 6 GB of free HDD, ADSL connection, Logitech QC 4000
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 11:17:04 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Thank you for your appreciation.

In streaming, the most important consideration is that the bandwidth available to computers on which you are trying to view the video should be more than the bandwidth at which WebCam Monitor streams the video. Therefore, in WebCam Monitor, select the profile with the least bit-rate for testing purpose first.

WebCam Monitor streams videos in Windows Media 9 format. If you are using an older version then you need to upgrade Windows Media Player on the remote computer.

You can also try opening the link in Windows Media Player directly using the 'mms' protocol. Older versions of Windows Media Players can automatically download the required Windows Media 9 codecs and start streaming.
rahamp  
Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 10:34:46 AM(UTC)

Somewhat good news:

I can now stream video and view it on a remote PC. However, I can't get an audio and video stream at the same time!

I am using profile Video for e-mail and dual-channel ISDN (128 kbs) and found that if I select type "video and audio", I only receive the audio. If I switch to stream "only video" and then stop and start streaming, I receive video just fine. If I switch to stream "only audio" and then stop and start streaming, I receive audio only as expected.

Note, the same behavior happens if I select other profiles with lower bitrate as well. Another funny this about this is, when I check the statistics in Windows Media Player 9 - it shows that stream is coming in but video shows 0 frames skipped, 15 fps frame rate, actual rate 0.0 fps.

Thanks again,
Patrick
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:01:35 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
This may be a problem with the Windows configuration on your PC. We were able to simulate this problem on an older Windows 2000 PC. We are looking into the problem.

If you have access to another PC then you try configuring WebCam Monitor on that PC.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.