Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Automatically rename files after successful transfer
Options
icebear  
Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:52:29 PM(UTC)

I am using Auto FTP Manager to upload files to my FTP server. I need to append the date and time to the file names when the files get transferred. I cannot manually do this as there are many files for transfer. Can this be accomplished? I need help.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 11:00:22 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can easily add the action rule to automatically rename files after successful transfer using Auto FTP Manager. Use the file rename rules to change the file name after upload.

To add a rename rule for your automated transfer profile, go to Profiles >> Edit Profile. On the Edit Connection Profile dialog, check Rename files after transfer on <Folder 2> and click the Configure button.

UserPostedImage

On the ‘Configure Rename Rules’ dialog, click New to add a rename rule. Then select the rule to Add Date and Time to End and choose the Date and Time option from the ‘Format’ drop-down. Once the rename rule is added, finish the settings.

UserPostedImage

Now whenever an automated file transfer is successfully completed, the date and time will be appended to the file names on the target location.

If multiple rename rules are added, each configured rule will be applied to the filename sequentially.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.