Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
How to convert PAL to NTSC DVD
Options
bluesky2006  
Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2006 11:23:38 AM(UTC)

Hello Everybody,

How to convert VOB files (from PAL DVD) to NTSC DVD ?

Actually I bought DVD with PAL format. I am not able to use NTSC DVD player to open it . ( I am living in USA )

Thank you very much. I appreciate.

bluesky2006
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, January 9, 2006 6:48:21 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Digital Media Converter can aid you in converting DVDs from PAL to NTSC and vice-versa. All DVDs have VOB files that need to be converted. You can add these VOB files to Digital Media Converter. Then select the MPEG 2 DVD (NTSC) as the output format to convert your PAL DVD file to a NTSC DVD file.

Then you will then need a DVD burning software to burn the file to a DVD disk in NTSC format.

For detailed information, you can view the following article:
https://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_convertbetween_PAL_NTSC.aspx
dpack  
Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 6:55:21 AM(UTC)

I have the same project: a set of region 0 PAL DVDs I want to convert to region 0 NTSC DVDs. The question not asked or answered here is the following: will Digital Media Converter also convert the menus, special features, and audio tracks from the PAL DVDs? I want to convert the entire DVD, not just the movie.

My plan is to rip the full DVD to my hard drive using DVD Shrink. Use Digital Media Converter to convert the files to NTSC. Then use Nero Express to burn a DVD video disc. I should have an exact copy of the DVDs with no quality loss only in NTSC format.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:40:07 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Currently Digital Media Converter can convert VOB files, including those that contain chapters, to MPEG, WMV and many others. The menus on the DVD do not get converted since they are not part of the video. The output file will not contain a region setting.

If you are planning to make a DVD video, then you must output to MPEG 2 format. Then, you should be able to take any DVD burning software and burn the MPEG 2 file onto the DVD.
Hari  
Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2006 9:55:54 AM(UTC)

I bought a DVD movie in Spain this past November, 205.
DVD is Region 2 and the video format is MPEG2, PAL

It will play fine in any computer however I want to see the movie on a bid television screen and the DVD players in America are region 1 and will only read Video Format NTSC, however most everyone knows this.

I would like to receive instructions on how to take the new created DVD that I have made which is Regions and copywright glitch free and using Digital Media Converter to convert those files from MPEG2 PAL to MPEG2 NTSC and when that is done what do I do to make a DVD that will play on a DVD player that is not a dual format player.

Thanks.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:59:10 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Please refer to our article on Video Dimension and DVD for details on making DVDs using Video Edit Magic. This article also applies to Digital Media Converter.
https://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/vem_videodim_aspect_dvd.aspx
jedi787plus  
Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:59:25 PM(UTC)

Digital Media Converter's PAL-to-NTSC DVD conversion doesn't output to .VOB files (instead, it outputs to .MPG files, and chapter count/info is lost because a .VOB containing more than one chapter becomes a .MPG with all chapters merged into a single one).

So, I can't use Digital Media Converter to convert a full PAL DVD (from its ripped .VOB files, including menus, additional titles, subtitles, audio tracks, angles, etc) into a "carbon-copy" NTSC DVD because of this chapter-merging problem.
What can I do then?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, June 12, 2006 5:41:29 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

With Digital Media Converter, you can convert complete VOB files to any of the supported video formats including MPEG-2. The chapter information on a VOB disk is present in separate files and is not part of the video. Digital Media Converter will thus convert only the video.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.