Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Conversion quality of high resolution videos
Options
gamergal  
Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:18:19 AM(UTC)

I have created some videos in a nice high resolution, good quality graphics. I then use this software to see if I can convert them to divx-encoded avi files, but it always seems to reduce the resolution and make the videos look poor. Is this is just a limitation of the trial version?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:57:01 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
If you are converting from very high definition videos like DVR-MS HD or WMV HD then you will lose some quality. Going from a high definition to any video format is considered a downgrade.

MPEG 1 is considered a downgrade. Even MPEG 2 is considered downgrade when the source file is a HD. MPEG 2 is still considered the highest resolution standard format for DVD playback.

Other formats such as compressed AVIs are also downgrades. The quality of AVI depends mostly on the compressor used. DivX encoded AVIs generally have the highest compression for large videos. However, you have to expect some loss in quality.

The trial version is only limited by a brand it adds to all converted videos. The trial version does not affect the video quality.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.