Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Setting up e-mail for web-based mail services such as Yahoo and Hotmail
Options
Watts  
Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:45:20 AM(UTC)

Is there anyone using the Webcam Monitor with web-based mail services such as yahoo mail. I am getting a 535 authentication #5.7.0 error. I am using Yahoo. Please let me know the correct settings.

Thanks Watts.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 5:32:24 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
For sending e-mails to web-based mail services like Yahoo or Hotmail, you should not configure the mail server since these services may have multiple mail servers.

If you do not specify a mail server then outgoing mail server authentication is also not required.

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest version of WebCam Monitor since we have made some minor modifications to the e-mail sending process. You can download the latest version from:
https://www.deskshare.com/wcm.aspx
Watts  
Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 2:55:50 PM(UTC)

I removed the check from out going server, smtp.mail.yahoo.com, and this is the error I received now.
Any Help?

Connecting to mail server.
Remote host connection complete. [0, OK]
= Connected.
Remote host disconnected. [10053, [10053] Software caused connection abort]
Error: 162, Description: Disconnected [10053] Software caused connection abort
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:38:18 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The mail server "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" is for Yahoo Mail Plus users. If you have subscribed to this Yahoo mail service then you must provide authentication information along with the mail server name - "smtp.mail.yahoo.com". In WebCam Monitor, you can provide the user name and password by checking the "My Outgoing mail server requires authentication" option under "Configure Mail Server".

If you do not specify a mail server then WebCam Monitor automatically tries to determine the mail server's address from the e-mail's domain name.

If you are using any e-mail client like Outlook or Outlook Express, you can copy the SMTP settings to "Outgoing Mail Server" dialog in WebCam Monitor.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.