Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Making text flash
Options
zucchini  
Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:52:10 PM(UTC)

I want to make a text message flash for about one hundredth of a second for a subliminal message experiment, however, when I preview it, nothing is displayed (yes, I'm sure nothing at all is being flashed and it's not just the fact that it's a high speed). It seems that it will only flash if I make it significantly longer. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but if not I ask why bother having such a time scale if it's practically useless?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 5:28:18 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Previewing the timeline takes a lot of processing. You will not be able to preview any changes in milliseconds. The ideal way to do this is to make the movie and watch the final output video.

You can also step frame-by-frame through the timeline. You should to be able to see the text effect properly.
zucchini  
Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 10:15:05 AM(UTC)

I tried making the movie, but the effect is still not there even when played at low speeds. This might be due to the fact that the highest possible output is 60 fps.

I also tried stepping frame-by-frame through the timeline, but each time I click the next frame button, the marker completely jumps over the desired portion. And if I move the text so that the marker will hit it, it gets displayed for too long.

I think that my problem lies in finding a way to export the movie into a format that can get played at over 60 fps. Any suggestions?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:16:06 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

With 60 frames/second, 1 frame lasts for roughly 16 milliseconds. Since the duration of the text effect you want to flash is 10 milliseconds, it does not consitute of a complete frame. The effect that you are trying to view has an extremely small time-frame.

To display this frame, you must make sure that the effect aligns to a frame boundary. Simply move the effect by a few milliseconds forwards or backwards so that it aligns to the frame boundary. You should now be able to see this effect in the preview window and in make movie.
zucchini  
Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:54:12 PM(UTC)

You are saying that the least amount of time something can flash is 16 milliseconds?

Is it possible to make something play at more than 60 fps?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:30:04 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

At 60 fps, 1 frame lasts for approximately 16 milliseconds. You can go below 16 milliseconds if you align the effect, transition, video, audio or image on a frame boundary. You can find the frame boundary by moving the frame forward or backwards.

Television and Pictures typically play at 25 to 30 frames/second. Video Edit Magic can make movies at 60 frames/second, which is double than the standard playback rate. Beyond 60 frames/second, viewers will not notice any difference. You will unnecessarily increase the file size without getting any viewable differences.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.