Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Why does 30fps capture appear at 15fps in the timeline?
Options
agermaney  
Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:39:32 AM(UTC)

Hi All,

Example;
When I capture 10 seconds of DV from my digital camcorder, the capture window indicates that 300 frames have been captured, which is as I would expect.......30fps.

When I import the clip to Video Edit Magic (4.15) although 30fps is shown in the collections window under details, I can only seem to edit in 0.066 second increments which is only 15fps.

i.e. When I press the 'next frame' button, in the preview window, the time line footage advances in 1/15th second jumps.
Even when I try zooming the time line in and dragging the slider, it will only advance in 0.066 (1/15) second increments.
I would have expected it to advance in 1/30 second increments.

Andy.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:26:49 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Video Edit Magic's preview Timeline is created at 15fps because this helps in processing many different types of clips on the timeline with minimum processing requirement. In addition, Video Edit Magic displays the scale in Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Milliseconds instead of the frame-based timecode format. It is easier to comprehend a timeline with a time-based scale. Moreover, if you add clips with different frame-rates to the Timeline then using time instead of frame seems to be a better option.

When making movie, the Timeline is rendered at the selected frame-rate. For example, in WMV, if you select a profile that specifies the frame-rate as 60 then Video Edit Magic will create the video at 60fps.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.