Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
IP Address for From E-mail Address
Options
louise13  
Posted : Friday, July 28, 2006 2:12:23 AM(UTC)

Should I put in the IP address of my web site server or the IP address of my internet provider? My from email address is an account on my web site, not from my internet provider.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, August 18, 2006 9:34:46 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When Smart Email Verifier communicates with the E-mail Server to determine if an e-mail address exists or not, the protocol makes it necessary to send a From e-mail address. The E-mail Server uses this information to authenticate the source and can then choose to accept or reject the communication. Many E-mail Servers use the reverse-DNS information provided by the ISP along with the IP address to authenticate the source of the e-mail. If found incorrect, the E-mail Server can choose to reject the communication.

If you are doing domain level verification then you can use any IP address. For SMTP level verification, Smart Email Verifier uses the VRFY command to verify the e-mail address. The downside to using the VRFY command is that most E-mail Servers block the command. In this case, for accurate results, you should use an IP address that E-mail Servers can use to correctly reverse-verify the source.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.