Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Creating A Video File to Play on a TV Set
Options
romdes19  
Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 12:12:06 AM(UTC)

Hi

I've got a short video and was wondering what the best way/format is to put this on a large TV, about 42''?

I can connect my laptop to the TV if I need to.

Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:42:35 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
To play the movie on your TV, connect the laptop to the TV set. Load the movie into the Windows Media Player, and make sure that it is displaying on the TV. Start playing and press View >> Full Screen. This hides the Media Player menus and window, showing only the movie. To make the Play, Stop, Pause and other controls visible, just move the mouse.

Since your laptop can display on the TV set, we recommend using the WMV (Windows Media Video) format for your movie. WMV gives excellent quality with small file sizes.

To create your movie file, click File >> Make Movie. Enter a File Name and select Windows Media Formats as your Output Format, then click Next. Choose WMV - For Desktop Viewing as your Profile Type and CD quality audio for Audio.

If you have a standard TV, select DVD quality video (2 Mbps) for your Video. This setting gives the highest quality that can be viewed on traditional TV sets.

If you have High Definition (HDTV), and if your Laptop can send HD signals to the TV set, select Very High Quality. Check the "Use Custom Dimensions" checkbox. Enter dimensions of 1280x720. Click Next twice to create your movie.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.