Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Scheduled transfer setup as a service - getting a 'logon' error
Options
EYuLaNe  
Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 10:37:48 AM(UTC)

I don't want to give the scheduled transfer job a user account that has ADMIN privileges (for security reasons). I set up the schedule with the account as an ADMIN and then changed the account to a USER. The transfers are failing. When I check the event logs (under Windows Logs, Security) there is a failure. The event ID is 4625, the failure reason is "The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this machine." Please let me know how to correct this.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 11:34:35 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Auto FTP Manager uses the username of the current logged in account when you create a scheduled transfer.

The error shows the user you changed to does not have permission to logon to execute the transfer. Follow these instructions to fix the issue:

First,ensure that the user, and all groups that the user belongs to, are not denied the right to log on locally.

To assign the user right Allow log on locally:
On the server, open the Group Policy Management Editor. To do so, click Start, then in the Start Search box, type gpedit.msc, and then press ENTER.

If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

In the navigation pane, open Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, and User Rights Assignment.

In the details pane, double-click Allow log on locally.

Click Add User or Group.

Find the user or group account you want to add, and then click OK.

Click OK to save your changes to the Group Policy object (GPO).

Users that are currently logged on must log off and back on to be affected by the changed GPO setting.

Your scheduled transfer will now run.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.