Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
How to shorten the merge recordings process?
Options
ndodge  
Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 3:04:17 PM(UTC)

I run MSRPro to record radar for entire nights (sunrise to sunset). We have used this program in previous years on laptops running Windows XP. This year the laptops were upgraded to Windows 7 and to the latest MSRPro.

I am now having an issue where after a scheduled recording has finished it is taking much longer for MSRPro to process the recordings. I get a process window called "Merge Recordings" with a message saying "please wait while the recordings are being merged". This process seemed to only take a few minutes in previous years with Windows XP. Why is it taking so long now? Settings are for file segment size of 1.9 GB, append sequential numbers.

Thanks.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:29:42 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
My Screen Recorder Pro has the ability to capture the screen along with recording audio from multiple audio devices.

If you have both speakers and microphone selected for recording, the merge process can take some time. I suggest the following -

1. Record in WMV format, with an appropriate codec for the type of recording you are doing. For example use the Text and Voice for recording an application and use High Resolution with Fast Motion to record animation when you have a high resolution display.

2. Select to record from either Microphone or Speakers, but not both.

The save time should be only a few seconds or instantaneous in the latest version.
Grant  
Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 9:11:11 PM(UTC)

DeskShare - Support wrote:
My Screen Recorder Pro has the ability to capture the screen along with recording audio from multiple audio devices.

If you have both speakers and microphone selected for recording, the merge process can take some time. I suggest the following -

1. Record in WMV format, with an appropriate codec for the type of recording you are doing. For example use the Text and Voice for recording an application and use High Resolution with Fast Motion to record animation when you have a high resolution display.

2. Select to record from either Microphone or Speakers, but not both.

The save time should be only a few seconds or instantaneous in the latest version.

I was having the same problem because I had both speakers and mic selected. When I turned off the speakers it took only a few seconds to save as opposed to 10 minutes with both selected.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.