Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Automatic dial up
Options
corodyne  
Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2005 10:50:45 PM(UTC)

Can anyone tell me if the webcam monitor will automatically initiate a dial-up connection to some place like AOL, earthlink, or something similar to send a snapshot via email?

Thanks much in advance,
Chris S.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2005 11:58:40 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Yes, WebCam Monitor will automatically popup a dial up connection screen if this is your default method to connect to the internet.

You can configure the dial up screen to automatically log in so WebCam Monitor can directly send e-mails.
ayabar  
Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2005 6:35:09 AM(UTC)

Could you please tell me where in webcam menu is the option to configure the dial up.
thanks
Alvaro
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2005 11:32:38 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

This option is part of the software used to connect to the internet. Normally your ISP provides you with this software.

The Window's default dial-up connection dialog box also has a "Connect Automatically" option.
Mathias  
Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 9:54:15 AM(UTC)

I see this thread is very old, and I'm wondering if there have been any changes about automatically initiating a dial-up connection. I know that Windows can be configured to automatically connect if a connection is not present, but that can be a problem with all these programs trying to connect on their own nowadays (whether or not I want them to) and hogging precious bandwidth. Is it possible for this program to initiate a dial up connection to upload to FTP or send an e-mail, and as important, hang up the connection when it's done *if it initiated it*?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 10:40:51 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

WebCam Monitor uploads files and connects to mail servers using built-in Windows functions. It does not have the ability to control a modem independently of Windows.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.