Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Recording high resolution games
Options
DocHolliday3323  
Posted : Monday, November 14, 2005 9:50:32 AM(UTC)

Ok I tried recording some game play in World of Warcraft to make a movie. The preview and playbacks are slow and choppy. I've tried different codecs, changed video quality, reduced and increased Key Frame Rate and reduced and increased Frame Rate.

Could it be that I'm using the shareware version?

Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon 3200+
1024MB Corsair Extreme DDR RAM 84pinn (I think)
ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB Graphics Card

Could it be the video card? If I were to upgrade to an ATI Radeon X850XT, I know it would be capable of handling anything.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:33:50 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Games are very CPU and graphics intensive. Recording a game at very high resolutions makes it quite difficult for My Screen Recorder to record at full motion.

Since you have already tried increasing the frame rate to the highest, the next thing would be to lower the resolution and optionally color-depth of your monitor. You can also try using region recording to record a portion of your desktop.

The shareware version is a fully functional version and does not contain any limitation except branding the video with a "My Screen Recorder Trial Version" tag.
metalmalzan  
Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2007 8:47:01 AM(UTC)

Does decreasing screen resolution help smooth out when recording such high resolution games?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, January 8, 2007 1:19:10 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Yes, lowering the resolution helps in creating smoother videos when you record games and media players. Click on the follwing link to know more:
https://www.deskshare.com/help/msr/ChangeScreenResolution.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.