Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Converting DVR-MS files to DIVX
Options
pacman  
Posted : Friday, November 25, 2005 4:33:47 PM(UTC)

After i convert the Media Center DVR-MS video file to say DIVX, can i still use Media Center to play the file or will i have to to use a Divx player to play it. The reason i ask is because i use a remote for my PC, its hooked up to my TV and I like being able to navigate with the remote and playing a file, my only concern is playing the compressed file.

Also another quick question, DVR-MS files are about 800 - 900meg/30min using fair qaulity within MC, how much compression is expected with AVI or divx?

Thanks,

pacman
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2005 5:11:38 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
If you have the DivX player installed on the media center PC then you can play DivX files in Windows Media Player. Hence, you should also be able to use the Media Center computer to play these files.

To reduce file-size, you must reduce the dimension or make one of these changes mentioned in the following article:
https://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/dmc_ReduceFileSize.aspx
pacman  
Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:42:58 PM(UTC)

cool thanks, I will try it out.

Thanks for your help.
pacman  
Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:23:10 PM(UTC)

One more question about audio

I will be using Divx for video, what is the recommended audio codec that i should use?

thanks,
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2005 5:49:10 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Digital Media Converter can auto-select both video and audio compressors based on "Best Quality", "High Compression" and "Most Compatible". Use the auto-select feature to let Digital Media Converter select an appropriate video and audio compressor. You can then change the video compressor to DivX.

To auto-select:

1. On the Tools menu, select Settings.
2. From the Convert to Format drop-down, select AVI.
3. Select the Properties tab
4. From the Auto select settings (for compression) based on drop-down, select "Best Quality", "High Compression" or "Most Compatible" depending on your requirement.

If you do not see the Auto select options then make sure that you are using the latest version of Digital Media Converter. For more information, visit:
https://www.deskshare.com/audio-video-converter.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.