Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Upload JPEG images to a FTP folder
Options
kaitlynjj87  
Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:04:21 AM(UTC)

I want to know if there is a way to ftp upload (while monitoring) individual captured images and saving it to my site.

My apartment was broken into a month ago. I just don't wanna save individual files to the pc they're gonna take the pc for sure.

I'm trying to upload every 30secs and trying to save those capture on my site (image1, image2, image3, image4...). Any help would be appreciated.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:41:54 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Yes, WebCam Monitor can upload JPEG images while it is monitoring. You can either choose to start uploading after all selected Alerts finish or periodically after a specified period. You can change these settings from Tools ] Options ] Remote Monitoring ] Upload.

By default, the Take Snap alert appends the date and time received when the snap was taken. You can change this so that WebCam Monitor appends a number to the snap between a specified range. You can change this setting from Tools ] Options ] Alerts ] Take Snap.

Now that the snaps are generated with numbers, WebCam Monitor will upload snaps with numbers to the specified FTP folder.

The upload feature was enhanced in the latest version. So, please make sure that you are using the latest version available from the following link:
https://www.deskshare.com/wcm.aspx
kaitlynjj87  
Posted : Friday, January 13, 2006 12:20:33 AM(UTC)

thank you so much for your reply. I did all the instructions above.

I'm having one more problem. If pick the "all new files" on the upload settings i only get ( .pureftpd-upload.43c78da8.15.7342.82e3fe3c) file, while it's uploading then it disappears. when uploading is done i check back on the folder and it's empty.

When I choose the "overwrite to snapfiles" option I get one .jpg file. I'm trying to upload after it snaps a picture and keep it on a Ftp folder for archive. I don't get any error on the logs. just don't see it on my ftp folder. thanks.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, January 13, 2006 6:25:06 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
It seems like you are uploading to a BSD server with Pure-ftpd as your FTP server. It is possible that your FTP server does not support certain characters that are part of the JPEG snap's file name. If this is the case, you can set WebCam Monitor to append numbers instead of date and time. These types of file names should be supported by any FTP server.

To know the file that WebCam Monitor is currently uploading, you can view the Upload Status from the View menu. This option is available in the latest version of WebCam Monitor. It may also help to clear the entire upload list before you start monitoring.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.