Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Cutting out blank space
Options
Speedking  
Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2006 12:15:01 PM(UTC)

When I put a second video in the timeline or move a video, there is blank space created, say at the beginning of the track. I'm sure I am missing something but I cannot figure out how to remove the blank space. I tried using the selection sliders to highlight the balnk area and then Cut or Delete but the blank space did not go away. The only way I have been able to get rid of the blank space is to grab and move all components to the left.

Secondly, when I want to move a video with its audio track only one or the other will move. I have tried different combinations of the Link and Lock functions but have not been able to get the two of them to move together.

Any help would be appreciated!

DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Friday, February 3, 2006 6:30:04 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When you insert a clip into the timeline, you can choose to insert it at the beginning, the end, or the seek slider's current position. All tracks in the timeline are moved by an amount equal to the duration of the inserted clip. This may create a blank space. To insert a clip without affecting other tracks in the timeline, Lock those tracks before inserting.

To append the clip to the timeline, use "Add to Timeline" instead of "Insert into Timeline" from the Edit menu. To move many clips at the same time, select all tracks you want to move by holding down the Ctrl key, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move them. To nudge the clips, hold the Shift key while using the arrow keys.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.