Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Errors when adding VOB files
Options
jonjon71  
Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 4:01:07 PM(UTC)

Hello...I just purchased Digital Media Converter in order to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC. I transferred the DVD to my computer in the form of five VOB files, and I'm trying to add them to DMC. I have not been able to add all five files without a problem. I get an error (Digital Media Converter does not support file of duration less than 1 second) for at least half of the files, even though all of the files are well over 10 minutes in duration. The strange part is that I've tried adding the files several times, and I get the error on different files each time. In other words, files that wouldn't add during my previous try will add fine, and files that added with no problem previously wind up getting the error. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I would really like to be able to add all five VOB files and get going with the conversion. Any help will be most appreciated!
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 5:42:10 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Based on your description of the problem, you should install the free MPEG 2 decoder. If you've already installed it, you may need to reinstall the updated version.

You can download our free GPL MPEG 2 decoder here:

https://www.deskshare.co...ownload/mpeg2decoder.exe

You may also need to disable other MPEG decoders. You can do this by opening the Tools menu and choosing Settings, the switching to the Compatibility tab. Uncheck all MPEG decoders. The GPL MPEG Decoder does not appear in this list. This is normal. The GPL decoder can't be disabled.

If you use Digital Media Converter, you can rip the audio and video directly from the DVD, and save it directly to MPEG files in NTSC format, suitable for burning. This method is very simple--just a two-screen wizard, and the program creates the NTSC-formatted files you need.
rayd03  
Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2008 12:26:26 PM(UTC)

Hello, I have just purchased DMC and have the same problem. I've followed the suggestions given here and in the Troubleshooting compatibility issues section, with no results. I continue to receive the response that DMC does not support files of less than 1 second. What's more, it suggests to make sure this file is playable in Windows Media Player. There is a button in this message window to do just that. Clicking the button results in WMP opening and the VOB file I wish to add and convert, play with no problem. So I know that's good. I'm running Vista and have converted MOV to WMV already with no problems. It seems DMC recognizes the VOB file, it just won't do anything with it. Any help is appreciated.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:59:07 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
First, make sure that the VOB file is not encrypted or protected in any way.

Another option is to use Digital Media Converter Pro. If you have the DVD, you can rip titles and chapters or the entire DVD directly to any format, without worrying about individual VOB files.

You can download and test using the trial version of Digital Media Converter Pro: https://www.deskshare.com/download_details.aspx?ID=30.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.