|Security Monitor Pro: Searching for An IP Camera Address|
Searching for An IP Camera Address
This feature lets you search for an IP camera in your network when you do not know the exact IP address.
- Go to File menu > Add Camera Wizard > IP Camera Settings dialog.
- From the Camera Model box, select the IP camera model you want to search for.
- Click the icon that is now highlighted.
- In the Search IP Camera dialog that opens, specify the IP address range to search. You can only search a range of 255 addresses, from x.y.z.0 to x.y.z.255. Change the Port No. if required (it is 80 by default) and click OK.
- The Searching IP Camera dialog updates as the search progresses.
- If a camera is found a dialog appears saying so, and asking whether to stop the search. If you click Yes, the camera's information is entered into the IP Camera Settings dialog. If you click No, the search continues for a different camera at another address.
- If you click Yes, you can now click OK to complete the process of adding the camera.