Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Black Screen Problem
Options
systemax57  
Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2007 2:36:35 PM(UTC)

I saw the other thread, but I have hardware acceleration disabled already. Audio works great, but the video is black. I tried using the default codec. It shows up fine in the program window and plays fine there just not in WMP11 or VLC as an avi. If I convert the file to WMV and play it back it shows audio and video in WMP11, but not in VLC Player. Same if I use other 3rd party conversion software...black screen with sound.

Any ideas?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:51:32 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
It's possible that the default Microsoft Video 1 codec is not functioning as expected. Please try switching to the Cinepak codec. (Note: if you use Cinepak, you should always record at 25 frames per second or higher.)

I would suggest making sure you have the very newest VLC. It should be able to play almost any WMV file.
granteagle  
Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:07:12 AM(UTC)

I have exactly the same problem.

I have tried the Cinepak thing but that made no difference.

I wouldn't mind if i could run the avi file through a converter but the audio outruns the video by about a 100 to 1!

Please help!

Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 1:00:45 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
One of our customers posted some suggestions that work very well. Please try the settings suggested here:

https://www.deskshare.com/forums/ds_postst517_Tip-For-Us-Idiots-Perfect-HQ-Large-Size-Video-Capture-with-MSRMSR-Pro.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.