Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Adding transparent text watermark to videos?
Options
m103  
Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:34:10 AM(UTC)

Have been using VEM for a few months now to add text watermarks to my videos using the "Text/Title" effect but to make the watermarks a bit less intrusive I was wondering if there's a way to make the text transparent? [the text itself, not just the background]

I've tried following the steps in the "Watermark Your Videos" article but i'm finding it difficult to make an image with the desired text on which also has a transparent background, would be much simpler if there was just a way to make the text transparent in the add text/title effect options?

If not, are there any plans to include this in a future update?

Other than that this program is perfect, thank you!

DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:23:12 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
At this time, we have no plans to make the text (as opposed to the background) transparent in the Text/Title effect, since you can currently do this using the technique in the article you mention.

As you mentioned, the other option is to create an image containing your text and a transparent background. One program that can do this and is relatively easy to learn is Corel PaintShop Pro.
m103  
Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 8:00:59 AM(UTC)

DeskShare - Support wrote:
At this time, we have no plans to make the text (as opposed to the background) transparent in the Text/Title effect, since you can currently do this using the technique in the article you mention.

As you mentioned, the other option is to create an image containing your text and a transparent background. One program that can do this and is relatively easy to learn is Corel PaintShop Pro.

I'll give it a go, thanks for the reply.

:))

Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.