Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Question on upgrading to new version and scheduled FTP transfers
Options
sysenc  
Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:38:03 AM(UTC)

I intend to upgrade Auto FTP Manager to the latest version. I have a few questions:

- Will I be able to 'upgrade', with all my profiles staying as they are?
- If a scheduled transfer runs unsuccessfully a number of times in a row, will it retry?
- If the server is rebooted and not logged in, the schedules did not run in version 4, how does it work in new version?

Thanks
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:27:08 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
When you upgrade Auto FTP Manager, your profiles will be imported to the new version. This includes the quick connect profiles, automated transfer profiles, and schedules. It is also a good idea to back up your profiles regularly by clicking File >> Backup Profiles.

Scheduled transfers will execute on the time that you specify. If the previous execution was not successful, it will continue to retry. Auto FTP Manager can alert you when a scheduled transfer has an error. Click File >> Settings >> Transfer Log. Select to 'Save transfer log when a failure occurs' and select 'Email'. More information about transfer logs is available here.

In the current release, your scheduled profiles run as a service. The schedules will execute whether you are logged in to Windows or not.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.