Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Automatically download files then delete them from the server
Options
toposky  
Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 6:31:20 PM(UTC)

I want the software to auto download files from the server and auto delete the files from server after the download is finished. I have tried, but I cannot make this work. Can you please provide instructions?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:30:34 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
It is easy to configure Auto FTP Manager to automatically download files from a server and delete the files from the server after downloading.

Here are detailed instructions:
1. Click on 'New Profile' icon from the toolbar

2. Select the Type of Transfer and select Automated Transfer Profile for a type of connection. Click Next.

3. In the case of PC Folder to FTP server profile: Enter PC folder location and click Next. Then enter FTP connection details like FTP address, username, password, port number and enter root folder location. Click the Next button.

4. From 'Action rules' select 2nd checkbox for 'Transfer files from {FTP server name} to {PC_Path} and uncheck other checkboxes if any are selected.

5. You will see an option for 'After Transfer', select 'Delete' from the drop down.

UserPostedImage

6. Click on 'Configure' button for 'Schedule'.

7. Create a schedule as per your requirement (One time, daily, weekly, monthly, on application launch or on folder change) and save it.

8. Click on Next button, enter the profile name and click on 'Finish' button.

Now when schedule runs, the files will be downloaded from the server and deleted automatically after the download is completed.

Learn more about Action rules by reading Use FTP Software to Automate File Upload / Download
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.