Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Maintaining the connection to a busy FTP server
Options
Fatechaser  
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 10:16:37 PM(UTC)

I want to use Auto FTP Manager for file transfer. The FTP server to which I want to connect is very busy and requires many attempts to make a connection. Is there any way I can make multiple attempts to connect to the FTP server and maintain the connection?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:21:10 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Auto FTP Manager allows you to set the number of attempts for login to a FTP server. This retry setting is helpful when you are connecting to a busy FTP server.

To set retry login attempts, go to File >> Settings. On the Connection tab, look for the On Connection Failure section. Increase the Retry login attempts and set a delay between each retry attempt before aborting. Auto FTP Manager will try to login to the FTP server for the number of times you specify.

UserPostedImage

The Keep alive settings in Auto FTP Manager are useful to maintain a connection with the FTP server. It prevents disconnection by regularly sending a command that does not do anything.

Note: Some FTP servers do not support the NOOP command and can disconnect even after receiving the NOOP command regularly. For such FTP servers, it is recommended to use the PWD command to keep the connection alive.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.