Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Burning screen recordings to DVD
Options
zebra1057  
Posted : Monday, January 2, 2006 7:14:11 AM(UTC)

Gentlemen,

I just purchased my screen recorder to make a tutorial with screen video from a computer.
My problem is that when I burn the avi file (after avi to mpg2), the fonts are blurry.

I read the other postings in this forum like lessening the resolution, lower the color depth, doing time-lapse, adjusting the slides at the avi section of screen capture etc.

Are there any other suggestions as I really need clear "fonts" to show where the mouse is going.

Thanksyou for any reply.

zebra1057
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2006 6:32:17 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
A screen-recording at high-resolution is usually 1024 pixels in height and 768 pixels in width (1024 x 768) or higher. To burn the screen-recording to a DVD, the video must be resized to 720 x 480 pixels. Moreover, the video aspect ratio changes from 4:3 to 16:9. Therefore, resizing results in blurry videos.

In My Screen Recorder Pro, you can use the Conversion Wizard to adjust the video resolution to 720 x 480 pixels. You can open the Conversion Wizard by pointing to the Tools menu and then clicking Convert. Since a change in aspect ratio is involved when you convert your screen recording, you must also change the Resize Type. In the Output Video Properties screen of the Conversion Wizard, click Resize Type and select the option Preserve aspect ratio.
zebra1057  
Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2006 2:41:38 PM(UTC)

Hello,

I think I got it. Thank you very much for the advice.
I can recommend you now over Camtasia and Snag-it; if my endorsement has any weight.

zebra1057
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.