Starting and Stopping Monitoring
Before you start monitoring:
- Select a Device.
- Start the Preview to start using the selected device.
- Start Monitoring.
If a single device or multiple devices are scheduled then WebCam Monitor automatically starts monitoring.
- On the Monitor menu, click StartMonitoring with Alerts to start monitoring.
- On the Monitor menu, click StopMonitoring to stop monitoring.
During monitoring, if WebCam Monitor detects Motion or Noise all selected Alerts are triggered.
Disabling Low Power Schemes
A monitoring session might fail if you have configured a low power scheme on your PC and the scheme is activated while WebCam Monitor is monitoring. To disable the low power schemes like system standby mode, hibernation, turn off monitor, turn off hard disks etc.:
- In WebCam Monitor, on the Tools menu, click Options.
- Under the General, check the option Disable low power schemes (Standby, Hibernate, etc.) during monitoring. By default, this option is checked.
- Click OK.
Disabling Screen Saver
To disable the screen saver:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Under the General, check the option Disable Screen Saver during monitoring. By default, this option is checked.
- Click OK.