Selecting a Monitoring Device
The first step for setting up WebCam Monitor for surveillance is to select the correct monitoring device. A device could be a camera attached to PC, an IP camera or an audio source. If only one video and audio capture device is configured on your computer then they are started automatically. If you have more than one device, then you need to choose the device you are going to work with. Before starting your monitoring session, you need to make sure that all the devices are connected and installed properly on your PC. It is always a good idea to have all your device drivers updated to get the best out of your cameras and audio capture devices.
Selecting Video and Audio Devices
- You can select a video device from the Video Device drop-down box above the Preview window.
- You can select an audio device from the Audio Device drop-down box above the Preview window.
- WebCam Monitor will stop monitoring before changing to the selected video and audio devices.
You can even select and change devices by going to the File menu and clicking on Add Camera Wizard or simply by clicking on the Add Camera Wizard icon on the toolbar.
Even though you have selected an audio device, sound will not be played back during preview. To change this default setting (incase you need to listen to the sound being picked up by the audio device), follow the given steps:
- In the Tools menu, click on Options.
- Under the General >> Miscellaneous Settings, check Enable Audio playback while preview.