The Scheduler in WebCam Monitor can be used to set the start and stop time for which one or more devices automatically begin monitoring. If the area to be monitored is large, then you can connect multiple cameras to your PC using a USB hub. You can then configure these multiple devices to carry out monitoring in a cycle. This way, the number of blind spots is reduced significantly to make your surveillance setup more effective. When you schedule multiple devices, WebCam Monitor starts and stops every device pair at a interval of 60 seconds and uses them one after the other for monitoring.
Read the article: Using Multiple Cameras to Monitor Effectively.
To add one or more device pairs for the schedule:
- Go to the Tools menu and click Options.
- Click the Scheduler tab.
- Check the Enable Scheduler option and click Setup.
- In the Schedule Device Pairs inCycle dialog, click Add.
- Select or add a locally attached camera or an IP camera using the Add Camera Wizard that opens.
- Follow steps 4 to 5 for all the devices that you want to include in the cycle. You can add a single device pair only once. Each device pair monitors for 60 seconds. After this duration is over, monitoring begins with the next pair in the schedule.
- To change an entry (the video or audio device in a pair), select it from the list and click Edit.
- To remove one or more entries, select them, click Remove.
- Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to change the order of device pairs in the cycle.
- Click OK to save the schedule and return to the Options dialog.
Once the device pairs you want to use for monitoring have been selected, the next step is to Specify Scheduler Timings for Monitoring (From Tools menu >> Options >> Scheduler tab):
- From the Perform this task dropdown, select Once, Daily or Weekly. You can configure the advanced settings for each of these scheduling options. You may even selected the On Application Start Up option from this dropdown.
- Select the Start Time and/or Stop Time for the schedule. Click OK.
At the specified start and stop time, WebCam Monitor will start and stop the entire cycle. If no stop time is specified then monitoring with alerts will continue indefinitely or till it is stopped manually. If you have more than one camera or device specified, the first device present in the cycle will be started. After monitoring for 60 seconds, the next device in the list will be started.
Note: You can start the schedule manually from the Monitor menu >> Start Device Schedule option.