Understanding Text Speaker Menus
The Menu Bar is divided into following sections:
- File Menu: General operation controls.
- New: Create a new blank document.
- Open: Open an existing or new document.
- Save: Save your document.
- Save As: You can save your document with different name and at different
- Convert Current File To: Convert the file on which your are currently
working to either MP3 or WAV format.
- Convert All Files To: This option allows you to convert all the documents
opened in Text Speaker to MP3 or WAV.
- Play Audio: Listen to a document that is converted to an audio file.
- Recently Opened Files: Displays a list of the 5 most recently used documents. Select a file to open.
- Launch Menu: Launch other DeskShare applications.
- Close: Closes the currently working document. If you have not saved the changes, application will show a confirmation message.
- Close All: Closes all the documents opened in Text Speaker.
- Exit: Stops all the running actions, preserves the previously selected settings for the next use and closes the application.
- Edit Menu: Common formatting features are provided.
- Undo: Return your document to its previous state, starting with the most
- Redo: If you don't like the changes of undoing then use Redo.
- Cut: Select a text, use cut to move it to some other position.
- Copy: Use copy to duplicate the selected text.
- Paste: Paste copied text at the desired location in your document.
- Delete: Permanently delete the selected text from the document.
- Select All: Select all the text in the document.
- Find: Search the required word in the selected document.
- Replace: Search the word and replace it with another word.
- Add Bookmark: Set bookmarks within
the document for easy reference.
- Go To Bookmark: Select a Bookmark and return to it.
- Outline Area: Mark important lines of your document using Outline.
The outlined text is highlighted in Yellow.
- Remove Outline: Use this option to remove the outlined text.
- Insert Voice Change: If you want your document to be read by
multiple voices, use this option.
- Insert Pause: You can insert a delay of some seconds after punctuations or
where you want to pause.
- Change Pitch for Selected Word/Phrase: Add emphasis to make the speech sound
- Spell Selected Word/Phrase: Spell out certain words or phrases.
- Speak Menu: Player controls to view the screen recordings.
- Tools Menu: Tools menu includes following items:
- Voice: Select a voice and set its
volume, pitch, speed, and more.
- Pronunciation: Adjust the way a
word is pronounced by the application.
Configure general application settings.
- Talking Reminder: You can
create alarms or reminders with Talking Reminders.
- Full Screen: Hide the
toolbar and menu bar.