Capturing in AVI Format
While capturing footage from a Web Camera, you can choose to capture uncompressed AVI, compressed AVI or WMV format. On the other hand, while capturing from a Digital Video Camera, the capture tool always saves the output file as DV-AVI format, which is a variant of uncompressed AVI format.
To capture in AVI format:
- On the Capture menu, click Options.
- Make sure that the AVI option is selected from Video Capture Format under General tab.
- Select the AVI Settings tab.
- Select a Video Compressor and/or Audio Compressor.
- You can choose the Audio Frequency from the standard ones listed. The Audio Type option lets select Stereo or Mono.
- You can also Auto select settings based on options like Best Quality, High Compression or Most Compatible.
- Click OK.