|Video Caster: Distributing Video and Audio Files|
Distributing Video and Audio Files
Distributing video and audio files usually involves these steps:
- Create a video or audio file in streaming media format.
- Publish the video or audio file to a streaming media server.
- Let your audience know about the link to the published video or audio file by e-mail or advertisements.
Your audience can then open this link in a browser or a media player to view the file. Streaming media files are streamed, not downloaded.
Creating Video or Audio Files with Video Caster
The following tools are provided by Video Caster to create video and audio files:
- Capturing from a Digital Video Camera
- Capturing from a Web Camera
- Using Auto Slideshow
- Converting to Windows Media 9, which is the dominant streaming file format.
Publishing Media Files
To publish media files for online distribution, you must first open an account with a web-based service that provides streaming media capability. There are many websites that provide this service.
The Publishing Wizard also supports other media streaming services. Simply specify the user name and password to publish, to login and publish to the desired account.