Assigning Static IP Address to your PC for Broadcasting
For broadcasting to work, your computer must have a Static IP address. Broadcasting over the Internet does not work if you have a non routable IP address. Broadcasting may only work temporarily with a dynamic IP address.
NOTE: It is recommended that you consult a network professional or your ISP before assigning a static IP address to your PC.
To assign a static IP address to your PC:
- The first step is to consult your network administrator for IP address availability to prevent conflict between systems in your local network. Make sure that the IP address you are going to assign is within your network range.
- Click on Start >> Control Panel.
- In control panel, double click on the Network Connections icon.
- Right Click the Local Area Connection icon and then click on Properties.
- In the Local Area Connection Properties window, select Internet Protocol and then click on Properties.
- Select the Use the following IP address radio button, and then enter your static IP address and other network related information.
- Click OK.